CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Texas comes to Utah




My sister Nishia & her two kids Lexi & Cody who are living in Texas, (Aubrey, Texas to be exact) came to visit us in June of this year.

I was so excited to see my sister I hadn't seen her in a year and a half, since our brother Zach got married. (January 08)

We talk all the time on the phone, but it's just not the same, and I really wanted to see Lexi and Cody.

When my kids found out that Lexi & Cody where coming to stay with us for a week it was a major count down.

We picked Nishia and the kids up from the airport on Tuesday, June 16th. You should have seen my car.... imagine 7 people and luggage in my Ford Wagon P.O.S. (if you don't know what P.O.S. is use you imagination) I prayed that the wheels would not pop off and beat us home.
And yes there were enough seat belts for everyone!

The kids immediately headed for the bikes and what ever else there was to play with, as for Nishia and I we headed in for cool air and some much needed sister time.

We didn't have any major plans for the week because as everyone knows penny's are very tight around here and Nishia as well didn't want to blow a lot of money. So parks, sprinklers and picnic lunches made up our afternoons. And no one cared the kids loved seeing each other It was like they were never apart.



You don't realize how much family means to you until you can't see them on a regular basis. And yet still I think some people still just don't get that.
I would like to think that my sister and I are close even though hundreds of miles divide us, but the telephone helps.

We did have a great afternoon at our Grandparent's house on the Anderson side of the family. My grandma got most of the grand kids together, but most important she was able to get all the great grand kids there (while Nishia and the kids where here in town) for lunch.
And boy was that a site to see!
It was even greater to see two very proud Grandparent's!



After that the week just flew by, the kids played Nishia and I caught up we did some shopping and scrapbooking with my mom and our other sister Alecia, and before we new it they were heading back to Texas.

We were sad to see them go, but we are hoping that they will be here for Thanksgiving!
Utah loves Texas!

Hugs and Kisses!!
Tianna







No comments: