CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Home Town Hero


My baby brother the Marine. As in United States Marine Corps. The home town hero. My hero and also my little brother. (although he does tower over me by a good 11 inch's)

Clayton Noel Anderson was born May 30th, 1985 in Murray, Utah to Randy Noel Anderson and Sue Mullins Cropper Anderson.

I remember the day he was born.........I was in the 4th grade and thought I was old enough to be at the hospital cheering mom on, but dad the party poo per had made me go to school anyway, but he did make me a promise that he would come tell me what my mom had given birth too.

Like it was a horse or something! (He might as well have been one, he has always cleared out the fridge like one.)
My Dad did show up to my class room later that day like he promised to inform me that I had another brand new little brother (like I need 2 of them), but I was excited.

Little did we know that he was going to grow into the Jolly Green Giant!

From the time Clay could walk we new we were in for it, I think my mom new way before that,
I think from the first G.I. Joe, Clay had gotten he new what he wanted to be when he grew up.
G.I. Joe of course!

Growing up with my brother's was always an adventure in the making and Clayton with his very active imagination a sandbox, some G.I. Joe's, water, trucks, and maybe a firework or two, was always helping G.I. Joe get the bad guys. And it wasn't unusual for a bad guy to find there way into the path of dad's lawnmower. (Ya that was always followed by a sting of words I won't repeat, but that Clay found funny and did repeat.)

Clayton grew and grew and grew into a skinny lanky kid through the years, but Clay was a take no shit from anyone type of kid. When Clay graduated High School and TOLD (not asked but told) my parents that he was joining the Marines it didn't sit well, but Clayton is very stubborn and does what he wants to do. (gee that is sounding familiar)

I wasn't really surprised I had seen it in him for a long time, but I was scared there was a war going on (and still is).

The day he left for boot camp was hard for everyone especially for my parents I know that Clayton new he wanted to do this, but I didn't know if he new what it meant, and that scared me he was a kid, and my baby brother.

The weeks he was gone flew by the letter's my parent's got said he was fine, but was he really?

Marine Boot Camp Graduation!

It was time to see for ourselves if Clay had made it through boot camp alive or not, So off to San Diego we went.

Ross and I only had $800.00 dollars to our name for this week long trip, that had pay for hotels, gas and food for 5 people.
But this trip was so important to me that we made it, and to see what they had done to my baby brother was priceless.

Clayton was no longer a kid anymore he was a MAN!

A manly man he had muscles and manners. Oh how they had changed my little brother I could not stop staring I was afraid to touch I didn't want to wrinkle him, and he stood so straight and tall, compared to him I felt like a hunchback. I am so proud of the man Clayton left boot camp as.

Clayton has since served 2 tours in Iraq in the 4 years of active duty with the Marine Crops.

Each time he left we prayed like Hell that he did what he had to do and came home to us alive.
And each time he came home Clay was a little different, more grown up, and even more of a man. But he is still Clay, funnier than hell, Witty, tough, and a giant teddy bear at heart.

Clayton also made the best decision of his life when on August 4th, 2007 he married and gave me another sister Breanna Tucket Anderson.

And Today that Home Town Hero:

My tall manly little brother has made the decision to become a Police Officer and is graduating from the Police Academy with 4 Awards, (out of 5 may I add) for Fastest Shooter, The Administrative Award, Fitness Award, & Top Shooter. And his classmates also had to vote for someone who they thought would best represent them at Graduation and they choose Clayton.

At 25 yrs old he has seen what most men will hopefully never see in their life time.

My little brother My Hero!

Hugs and Kisses
Tianna




No comments: