CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Smith Moore House








Getting there I swear is half the battle!
Preparing for a camping trip with 3 kids and a husband that has to take ALL his fishing gear is quiet a treat. Especially when the trip is short notice like this one was.

Let me give you a little back ground of what I have to deal with before we can go ANYWHERE that requires packing and staying outside of our home for more than a day.

Ross is not much of a traveler, his family never went anywhere, so he's more of a home body.
I on the other hand love to travel and I love to camp, we grew up that way. Ross in the getting prepared part of the trip can be a bit of a bear but I know how he is, once we get up there and settled in he enjoys himself for the most part.



His favorite part is fishing, hence all the fishing gear, he is a avid fisherman and I think he has just about everything that cabala's sells.

On Friday afternoon my Parents took the kids up with them. Ross and I were coming up the next day Saturday afternoon after I got off work.
When I got off work Saturday Ross had the car packed and ready to go I could tell that he was a little apprehensive because the weather was calling for mountain rain showers for the weekend,
all I could do was say that the weather man was not always right and boy did that induce a dirty look. (if looks could kill.)

The instructions that my dad had given me on how to get there where pretty accurate as far as heber city after that Churches, Oreo cow's, cemetery's, lumber mills, ect... did diddly shit for me, and we ended up halfway to deer creek before we realized we had made a wrong turn somewhere.

When we finally found the Diner we were supposed to turn at and made our way up the mountain it started to rain which made Ross real happy.
When we finally got up there I told my dad what he could do with his instructions, he laughed he thought the instructions where fine it was the person interping them that had the problem.
I just rolled my eyes. Personal opinion dad makes shit up for personal enjoyment!

By the time we got up there Saturday it was time for dinner and the rain had slowed down and died out by 6:30 P.M. so we made hobo dinners in the fire pit they were great, hamburger patty's with fresh carrots and potatoes. YUM! We also made smores for desert.



It was nice to see Clayton and Breanna up there I haven't been camping with Clay in a long time and it was fun to have him there, he's always great for camping entertainment.



The next day Sunday we were up at 7:30 A.M. it was chilly from the rain the day before but we got Clayton on the fire A.S.A.P and that started warming things up. Dad was up and at it with getting breakfast ready and man can that guy cook.

Breakfast was wonderful and the kids were antsy about playing in the creek right by our camp site. I on the other hand not so happy about them playing in it. It wasn't fast water it was still and very beautiful but very cold and it's not like it was that warm up there as it was.
Hmmm...cold water cold air= sick kids.
And although I told them stay out they "accidentally" fell in ( do I have stupid written on my head) good thing I brought a lot of extra clothes.



A little later in the day Ross and Clayton decided to put together Ross's pontoon boates and go down to the lake and try there luck at fishing.
But the wind was to high and they just got thrown around the lake so they called it a day.



The rest of Sunday was really nice no rain. Ross and the kids went on a couple of bike rides, we relaxed by the fire, even Tug tried to catch a few ZZZZZ's in a chair by the fire, although I really don't know how fat boy got up there.



Camping with my family is one of my favorite things to do. My kids love it as well.

Coming home on Monday was hard but at the same time I really wanted a shower!

Thanks Mom & Dad for inviting us to come up with you we had a blast and I know the kids were so excited to get there camping in this year.
I am looking forward to next year.

Hugs and Kisses
Tianna


No comments: